Friday, November 20, 2009

2006 Vina Cobos Malbec, Bramare $35-40
Lujan de Cuyo
Argentina, Mendoza, Lujan de Cuyo

Yet another reason why I love Vina Cobos' Malbec wines! In fact, I feel the same way about most of their other wines too. We had the 2007 Felino Chardonnay ($13-18) the other night and it was outstanding with this healthy spin on fried chicken (recipe).

"Bramare" is Italian for "to yearn for" and let me tell you, I yearn for this wine when I get a hankering for some Malbec! I usually pick up a few of the Malbec and the Cabernet Sauvignon as they are great values compared to any region in the world.

On to the notes...

Color: Dark and saturated deep purple to red edges, vibrant

Nose & Palate: Heady aromas of blackberry and raspberry, currants too. The palate that adds blueberries, crushed juicy raspberries, some licorice and blackberry. A touch of bitter sweet cacao chocolate, earth and minerality add depth and further complexity. A long, silky smooth finish!

BACK the truck up and load up!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites